Thursday, April 19, 2007

Up in the Thin Air...

Series Recap—Dodgers at Colorado


4/18: Rockies 7, Dodgers 2

Wow, DeLo sure has problems with the guys in the middle of the Rockies order. I mean, they're good hitters anyway, but it was like Lieberthal was telling 'em what was coming. Grady had pretty much decided to concede this one by sitting Gonzo, Kent, and Martin anyway.

4/19: Dodgers 8, Rockies 1

Given that the Dodgers had already lost the first game of the mini-series, a well-pitched game by the much maligned Hendrickson was an especially nice surprise. I know that Vin keeps reminding us that Hendrickson has pitched well out of the pen, but I keep reminding myself of all the bad starts last year. I think Grady remembers, too, because he yanked Hendrickson at the very first sign of trouble. I was kind of surprised he went to the pen so soon.

---
Pierre seems to have put his hitting slump firmly behind him, but now he seems to be in a base stealing slump, having gotten caught twice in three attempts in the series. Meanwhile, Betemit is showing signs that he may be about to bust out, going 3/10 with 3 walks on the trip.

No comments: